What are RAR’s benefits for early career researchers?
RAR offers UA Ruhr’s advanced Master's students, doctoral researchers, postdoctoral researchers, and Junior Faculty*:
- Participation in local qualification programs of the three UA Ruhr universities
- Customized development of personal and professional competencies
- Advice on career paths and options within academia and beyond
- Exchange with experts from research, business, and society
- Support for international activities
- Easier access to research-related training offers on faculty and department level
- The development of research-related networks within UA Ruhr and beyond
RAR also promotes the visibility of UA Ruhr's excellent research conditions on an international level by hosting international postdocs as well as offering consultation sessions and workshops at career fairs all around the world.
* Junior Faculty includes all experienced Postdocs who are in one of the following qualification phases on their way to a professorship: habilitation candidates, junior group leaders, junior professors, tenure track professors.
Doctoral Programs & Research Groups at UA Ruhr
With numerous doctoral programs, junior research groups, and Collaborative Research Centres, the UA Ruhr offers excellent working conditions for early career researchers.
RAR is a project (2017–2021) of the three UA Ruhr universities funded by the Ministry of Culture and Science of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Mercator Research Centre Ruhr (MERCUR).