Research Academy Ruhr
The cross-university platform within University Alliance Ruhr
Providing information, qualification and networking together: Around 10,000 early career researchers of University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) benefit from the services of Research Academy Ruhr (RAR). As one of the largest platforms of its kind in Germany, RAR offers advanced Master's students, doctoral and postdoctoral researchers as well as junior professors the opportunity to establish and expand their cross-university networks, strengthen their competencies and specifically shape their individual career paths in research, business, and society.
The RAR qualification program is a voluntary, interdisciplinary offer set up and coordinated by the local institutions for the promotion of early career researchers: RUB Research School, Graduate Center TU Dortmund University, and Graduate Center Plus of the University of Duisburg-Essen.
What are RAR’s benefits for early career researchers?
RAR offers UA Ruhr’s advanced Master's students, doctoral researchers, Postdocs, and Junior Faculty*:
- Participation in the local qualification programs of the three UA Ruhr universities
- A customized development of personal and professional competencies
- Advice and information on financing and funding opportunities
- Advice on career paths and options for researchers.
- Exchange with experts from science and industry
- Support for international activities through strong networks
- Easier access to research-related training offers on faculty and department level
- The intensive development of research-related networks within UA Ruhr and beyond
By pooling and opening local offers, RAR creates great synergy effects. Furthermore, RAR contributes to strengthening the attractiveness of the Ruhr Area as an academic hub.
* Junior Faculty includes all experienced Postdocs who are in one of the following qualification phases on their way to a professorship: habilitation candidates, junior group leaders, junior professors, tenure track professors.
What does cross-university promotion of early career researchers in the UA Ruhr mean? Here, researchers themselves have their say: